Old December 29th 15, 11:11 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
John B.[_6_]

Default dimensions of wheels derailleurs chainwheels ...where?

On Tue, 29 Dec 2015 10:15:46 -0000 (UTC), Edmund
wrote:

On Mon, 28 Dec 2015 13:19:49 -0800, Doug Landau wrote:

I already know what and how I want to make it, now all I want is use
standard parts as much as possible. With that I start drawing to see if
it fits and if my gears will be OK I have to gamble here because I
don't know how much work I can do -rowing.
Mind it is hands only but 2 way, push and pull.

Uh-oh!! This is going to ruin your rowing stroke. It not only has to
be pull only, but the motion described by your hands has to be to pull
straight towards you, lift your hands a few inches, move them straight
away from you, then drop them a few inches. Over a table - under the
table - over the table - under the table.

Otherwise next time you get in a boat, you'll suck, and have to re-train
your hands.

I don't go in a boat while rowing is done with mostly with ones legs, my
knee is damaged therefore I want to use/train my arms back and abdomen.

I think you will find that rowing with the legs is primarily a part of
racing where the boat is fitted with a sliding seat, or an exercise
machine. Granted that the time a workman rowed a boat is probably long
past, but I can tell you that rowing, say an 18 ft. dory, was not done
with the legs :-)

...personally I go for something I can actually use on the streets
while still aiming to make it as efficient as possible within the
limits dictated by the practicality/usability.

Forget about pushing, then, and get a rest on the recovery instead.

Nope

Edmund

--
cheers,