Old October 24th 11, 02:34 PM posted to alt.autos.toyota,rec.bicycles.misc,alt.society.liberalism,alt.fan.noam-chomsky,alt.fan.michael-moore
His Highness the TibetanMonkey, the Beach Cruiser Philosopher

Default Honk for the Revolution!

wrote:
On Oct 23, 2:58 pm, Wilson wrote:
"TibetanMonkey, the Beach Cruiser Philosopher"

wrote:
On Oct 23, 6:13 am, noname wrote:

Is it better to have a tyrant of flesh and blood?

Probably; a flesh-and-blood tyrant is easier to remove.

And that's because the tyrant is not so well camouflage. In capitalism
they eat you, but you are "free," whatever that means.

For example I'm free, but not free from Florida Power & Light.
Corporations are running the show instead of a strongman.

No one forces you to have electric service.

You wiped out the last people in America that wanted to live off the
grid... the Indians.

Oh please. Neither myself nor my ancestors were involved in that genocide.
So your attempt to inculcate some guilt here has fallen a bit short.

I can see you ain't got much sympathy for who want to be off the grid.
You haven't even addressed the issue of how to ride a bike on our
chaotic roads. I think I'd commit suicide before going through this...

"Living 'off the grid': Man loses job, wife, home, decides to bike
across the world"

http://www.fosters.com/apps/pbcs.dll...728/-1/FOSNEWS

Not because of the adventure itself but because all the hostility I've
seen in people's faces and attitudes. "I've seen hate in their eyes,"
to quote something in the news describing a terrorist.