Old August 19th 19, 04:54 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Joy Beeson

Default Replacing a lost toolkit

On Sat, 17 Aug 2019 18:22:20 -0400, Radey Shouman
wrote:

In my case: pocket knife, mosquito repellent sachets, small pliers (4"
channel lock), folding money ($5 wrapped around the spare tube), shower
cap to put on the saddle when bike is left in the rain, a few feet of so
of nylon cord, Park mt-1. I think I'll throw a lighter in there, just to be
completely boy scout.

I used the pliers in my wallet once. But I really, really needed them
that once. (In my wallet? I saw a really cute multi-tool really
cheap and bought it just because. I pinned it into the
folding-scissor pocket of my wallet so I wouldn't lose it on the way
home, and never got around to putting it someplace else.)

I never go *anywhere* without a pocket knife, especially my own back
yard. The knife in the pocket of my grubbies has an inch of
serrations good for cutting woody weeds.

I do refrain from weighting the pockets of my Sunday dresses with a
pocket knife, but being a member of the kitchen committee, I know
where we keep the good knives. And there's a single-edge razor blade
in the sewing kit in my pocket-size wallet.

Perhaps I should put a book of matches in a "Pill Pouch" bag and stash
it in my emergency kit.

The only thing in there that I've used recently is my sun visor.

I once badly needed the band-aid in my first-aid kit. That was many
years ago.

(Ever try to open a toolkit with one hand held high above your head?)

--
Joy Beeson
joy beeson at comcast dot net