Old January 17th 05, 03:18 PM
Werehatrack

On Mon, 17 Jan 2005 06:48:12 GMT, "Joshua Zlotlow"
may have said:

Has anyone tried using a Wipperman link (10 speed) on a Shimano (10 speed
chain)? I know SRAM has dire warnings about using their links with other
chains, but it seems like there should be no reason why there should be any
compatibility issues.

Any experiences or thoughts would be appreciated.

I'm told that the Wipperman links works on the Shimano 10s chain just
fine. Those dire warnings from SRAM must be weasel words that their
lawyers made them insert, because I've put SRAM Powerlinks on random
brands of chain with no problems at all. You just have to make sure
that you use the right width.