Old September 16th 18, 08:48 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Jeff Liebermann

Default SRAM eTap Blips - Question

On Sun, 16 Sep 2018 19:37:32 +0200, Tosspot
wrote:

Wouldn't hot glue do the job at a fraction of the price

Good idea. Hot melt glue melts at 120C so there's plenty of
temperature margin. I've tried to mold hot melt glue and failed
because since it's a glue, it stuck to the mold. It might need to be
reflowed with a hot air gun in order to get a smooth surface. Maybe
some outer reinforcing, like a plastic soda straw.

It also doesn't flex very well:
http://www.learnbydestroying.com/jeffl/pics/hot-melt-glue/index.html
My rubber sole repair job fell apart after about one week. That makes
me suspect that bending the hot melt glue connector shell might cause
it to crack.

--
Jeff Liebermann
150 Felker St #D