Old March 17th 05, 03:40 AM
Jim Adney

On 14 Mar 2005 10:32:56 -0800 (David Ward)
wrote:

I have a Cateye HL-EL200 front light and around the same time I
switched from non-rechareables to NiMH batteries, the lights now
frequently refuse to switch on or off. Disconnecting and reconnecting
a single battery sorts the problem.

Since you have problems both with turning the light on and off, that
can't be a poor contact problem. It seems more likely that you have
some kind of switch problem that just manages to get jostled any time
you install/remove batteries.

You might want to look at the + noses on your batteries. Some of them
have different diameter noses, something to separate rechargables from
non-rechargables. I can't imagine how that might affect you, but I'm
not familiar with your light.

You should also check the plastic sleeves over the battery bodies. If
some of them are torn, that might create a problem, depending on how
your light is made.

-
Jim Adney

Madison, WI 53711 USA