Old May 1st 14, 09:20 AM posted to rec.bicycles.soc
Blackblade[_2_]

Default Another idiot mountain biker!

Mountain biking accidents are as numerous as the stars in the
sky. Why don't you try to post some hiking/camping fatalities and I will be able
to explain each and every one of them. Why is it that you can't explain any of
the mountain biking accidents other than as examples of sheer stupidity due to
the hazards of trying to ride trails meant for hiking. I think we can all
clearly see who is at the asinine level.

There are 1.54 incidents per thousand exposures in the UK (according to the BMJ). There are billions of stars in the sky.

Therefore, QED, you are ... yet again ... provably wrong.

More idiocy for you to contemplate:

http://www.expressandstar.com/news/2...hire-woodland/

April 27, 2014 1:40 pm
Mountain biker airlifted after fall in
Staffordshire woodland

A mountain biker was airlifted to hospital after
coming off his bike
in woodland in Staffordshire.

West Midlands
Ambulance Service was called to a wooded location near
Swynnerton Park,
north of Stone, at 11.30am.

An ambulance, together with a paramedic
officer in a rapid response
vehicle and the Midlands Air Ambulance based at
Cosford attended the scene.

A West Midlands Ambulance Service spokesman
said: "Crews responded to
an incident involving a cyclist who came off his
machine on a downward slope.

"A man in his 60s was treated for facial
abrasions, together with
knee, leg, arm and shoulder injuries. The patient
was immobilised
with the use of a neck collar and spinal board.

"He
was given pain relief by medics before being airlifted to the
University
Hospital of North Staffordshire."

Mountain bikers are barbarians and have no right to be on any
trail used by hikers - unless they want to get off their god damn ****ing bikes
and walk like everyone else. When they crash and injure themselves, I rejoice!
If and when they manage to kill themselves, I say good riddance to bad rubbish!
Death to mountain bikers!

"Tread softly! All the earth is holy ground."

~ Christina Rossetti (Psalm 24),

from "A Later Life: A Double Sonnet of Sonnets"

Mountain bikes have wheels. Wheels are for roads.

Trails are for walking. What's the matter? Can't walk?

Ed Dolan the Great

aka

Saint Edward the Great