Old September 24th 08, 10:14 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
skilewis74

Default Help! Are there health benefits to unicycling?

For me while riding challenging terrain, I burn twice the energy as I
would by bike for the same amount of time. Since I can only ride about
half as fast as I can bike, I burn nearly 4X as much energy on the uni
vs. a bike, mile for mile.

If I'm looking for the maximum benefit for my time it'd be best to do
some strength training, cardio, and stretching. Unicycling, swimming,
rock climbing and wresling give me the best workouts of the sports I've
tried (but rock climbing and wresling are hard to do constantly, so the
workout is often less).

--
skilewis74

Ride everywhere and never just ride anywhere. If you can ride where you
are going within a hour, do it, and if you can do a trick 50-75% of the
time do it along the way.- Bob Burnquist

What next? 'IUF skill levels'
(http://www.unicycling.org/iuf/levels/)*'
Street'
(http://en.wikibooks.org/wiki/The_Unicyclopedia/Street)*'unicycletips.com'