Old June 24th 04, 01:09 PM
Rory

Default dynamo light cutout

anonymous coward wrote in message e...
At least one dynamo - the expensive and sophisticated Lightspin - is
destroyed whenever the rider exceeds a certain, rather low speed (3X mph
IIRAC). Those continentals don't have steep hills like we do, so their
bike lights aren't always designed to withstand the speeds that we can attain.

I bug to defer: I max'd out last week at 81kph going down a
continontil hill, with Nexus + BuM (mit Standlicht) blazing away
happily - my commute in Luxembourg has 1000m of ups&downs, and the
dynamo is always on, I've changed the bulb once in
the last year.

- Rory