Old August 10th 10, 08:12 PM posted to rec.bicycles.marketplace
bfd

Default Con Jobs

On Aug 10, 4:28*am, "Tom Kunich" wrote:
Wow, I can hardly believe the number of con jobs that I've gotten while
trying to sell a couple of bikes.

If you're selling anything on the internet be extremely careful and DO NOT
send anything without first having the money in hand. And made sure that the
ONLY way you accept payment is with a postal money order or a cashiers check
from a reputable bank that you've cashed and deposited already.

Agree. Add in the total amount of spam you find in the rec.bicycle
series newsgroup and you start to see why this format has declined
over the years. Others may disagree, but all of the groups I follow
seem to have decline. On the flip side, I see more and more ads for
things like prada/vuitton/armani bags, belts and shoes. What those
have to do with bicycle is a mystery to me....personally, I prefer to
sell stuff in CL or, gulp, ebay. Even then, there is still alot of
fraud on those sites, so caution is highly recommended. Good Luck!