Old February 4th 11, 10:54 PM posted to rec.bicycles.misc
david

Default Cheap substitute for knee scooter?

I have a foot injury that permits only partial weight bearing (1/3 body
weight), so I'm currently using crutches. But the crutches are uncomfortable
and prevents me from carrying things.

One alternative is to use a knee scooter. However they are expensive,
whether to rent ($40/week) or to buy ($300 or higher).

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Knee_scooter

A cheap substitute is to use an office chair (kneel the injured leg on the
chair and push the chair around). But the chair is hard to steer.

Can someone think of something cheap and better than an office chair? I'm
thinking a 3-wheel kick scooter (only $50) may work but they seem to be made
for little kids. A tricycle or bike with training wheel would work, but they
probably use up too much space.

I'm primarily using this walking device at my apartment, so it has to be
compact.

BTW I'm in the seattle east side area if you know a good store to tryout
kick scooters please let me know.