Old April 8th 21, 02:41 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Frank Krygowski[_4_]

Default Safety inflation

On 4/7/2021 7:13 PM, sms wrote:

MHLs for children are widespread but ironically these tend to promote
more cycling ...

That's absolute bull****, totally illogical and as usual, totally free
of evidence.

Feel free to prove me wrong. An example of proof would be a step
increase in bicycling immediately after the imposition of a mandatory
helmet law.

For reference: As noted among the many links I posted in the past day or
two, Australian states experienced step _decreases_ in cycling after
imposition of mandatory helmet laws. This is why so many who hope to
increase cycling are against such laws - for example the European
Cycling Federation, British Cycling, Cycling UK (formerly the CTC),
Copenhagenize and many more.

--
- Frank Krygowski