Old December 25th 10, 11:16 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
JMS

Default Not many cyclists out, must be the weather.

On Wed, 22 Dec 2010 23:45:40 +0000, "Just zis Guy, you know?"
wrote:

On 22/12/2010 13:55, Mrcheerful wrote:
But 100 per cent of the cyclists I have seen in the last 24 hours broke the
law in one significant way or another while I watched.

Aye, drivers have so completely undermined the idea of obeying road
rules that it would not be a surprise to find that everyone else had
given up as well.

As it happens, though, TRL's *objective* data (as opposed to your
wank-fantasy) shows that cyclists are actually *more* likely to obey the
law than drivers.

I love the way that you agree with TRL on some of their reports - and
yet you find that others are not to you liking:

eg I am sure that you will agree with their findings regarding cycle
helmets:

Main findings
Assuming that cycle helmets are a good fit and worn correctly, they
should be effective at reducing the risk of head injury, in particular
cranium fracture, scalp injury and intracranial (brain) injury.
Cycle helmets would be expected to be effective in a range of accident
conditions, particularly: the most common accidents that do not
involve a collision with another vehicle, often simple falls or
tumbles over the handlebars;
--

"I have never said that I encourage my children to wear helmets. I would challenge judith
to find the place where I said I encourage my children to wear helmets." Guy Chapman