Old April 23rd 18, 01:29 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
JBeattie

Default today's ride

On 2018-04-22 09:05, jbeattie wrote:

Â*Â*Â* ... If I want to go to a river destination, I go he
http://crimdom.net/photos/2017/colum...e/#montage.mp4

That is indeed pristine.

Jay, how does it look now, after the fires? Is it coming back?

The trees are charred all the way down to I-84 in places -- but not dead, yet. There are areas above the falls that are destroyed -- and a lot of the upper Eagle Creek wilderness (immediately east) got it. Very sad -- some dopey kid with fireworks. I haven't ridden out to the falls yet this year -- only as far as Corbett and then back into the woods, which is too far west to see anything. http://thatoregonlife.com/2017/09/ea...k-fire-photos/ I'm not sure what part of the old highway is open right now -- but if the weather stays like it was today, I'll be out there soon and see how far I can go. The only up-close view was driving back from SLC a few weeks ago, and apart from tell-tale signs like charring and periodic dead trees (and the turn-off for the falls being closed), it wasn't horrible -- certainly no moonscape.

-- Jay Beattie.