Old September 11th 04, 09:53 PM
FLM

Ben:

You are correct about what my original question was and I appreciated
your answer. After a few folks suggested splicing a wire, I posted
the second question to see if I could increase my options.

I am headed out to the garage now to see if I can attempt a fix
similar to what you suggested.

Frank in Ames

On Sat, 11 Sep 2004 13:49:22 -0500, "Ben Fox"
wrote:

I thought your original question was 1] where to mount wheel sensor 2] Where
to mount computer so captain could read it.
I didn't see anything about splicing wires ,which is why I went into great
detail to explain how you could accomplish both 1 and 2 and even offered to
send you pics of how I did it .
I know which computers use coaxial wires ,but I'm not sure if that's really
what you want to know.
BTW, Tom Sherman giving anybody a simple and clear answer to anything is a
first for this N.G. Hi Tom! Rans-rans- rANS RAns

Ben fox

"FLM" wrote in message
.. .
Tom gave a simple and clear answer to my earlier question. Now my
question is how do I know which computers have coaxial wires and which
do not. I have been poking around the manufacturer's web sites and I
can't seem to find this information.

Thanks in advance for your help.

FLM wrote:

I am now the proud owner of a Wizwheelz TerraTrike Tandem. However,
it is not readily apparent to me how I can mount a cycle computer on
the trike. In particular, it is not clear where I would mount the
sensor so that it is close enough to the wheel. Note that I would
like to mount the computer so that the captain can read it.

Any advice would be welcome. I have been searching around the
internet, but haven't found anything yet.

The easiest option might be to mount the sensor by the rear wheel
(this
is what I have on my Dragonflyer). It is unlikely that you will be
able
to find a computer with a wiring harness that long, so cutting and
splicing the wire would be required. Avoid computers that use a
coaxial
wire to the sensor, as they are hard to splice.

--
Tom Sherman - Curmudgeon and Pedant