Old January 23rd 06, 05:40 PM posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent,rec.bicycles.tech

Default Good Deal?

wrote:
NYC XYZ wrote:
http://www.shuttlebike.com/SHUTTLE-B...he%20Story.htm

I wrote Shuttle Bike and just thought I should share the info:

Its pontoons got upgraded to double-chamber pontoons (so -- God forbid!
-- a puncture in the front of one doesn't lead to total leakage and
collapse), and it's available until the end of this month for
US$890.00, freight inclusive!

Unfortunately, they seem like they only do wire transfers and
PayPal....

Does this thing look like it might fit a 'bent -- say an SMGTe??

But I'd be a little concerned about weight distribution...!

I'll write 'em again and see.

You can buy decent quality "tupperware" type kayaks for less than $890.
Or more too. They are actually designed for water. Based on
centuries and centuries and centuries of experience. And are enjoyable
to use. Easily maneuverable and can be pretty fast too. You get a
good upper body workout too. Easy to transport if you already have a
roof top bike rack. Assuming you do not get the very long kayaks. I
do recommend getting a kayak with a foot controlled rudder. Much
easier to steer than with the paddle alone.

The thing you linked to seems pointless.

It doesn't seem pointless to me. The whole shebang packs down into a
backpack so you can ride out to a lake or something, and go have a
spin. It is of course, not a substitute for a kayak, but it opens up
new possibilities for bike "rides".

Joseph