Old January 23rd 06, 05:53 PM posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent,rec.bicycles.tech

Default Good Deal?

wrote:

You can buy decent quality "tupperware" type kayaks for less than $890.

Oh, I know that! But who wants tupperware.

Actually, I've got the Sea Eagle PaddleSki myself -- not tupperware,
though not high-end, either (and it's an inflatable -- major demerits
with 'yak purists).

Now that Hobie Cat Mirage Tandem...woo-hoo!

Or more too. They are actually designed for water. Based on
centuries and centuries and centuries of experience. And are enjoyable
to use. Easily maneuverable and can be pretty fast too. You get a
good upper body workout too. Easy to transport if you already have a
roof top bike rack. Assuming you do not get the very long kayaks. I
do recommend getting a kayak with a foot controlled rudder. Much
easier to steer than with the paddle alone.

The thing you linked to seems pointless.

I'm not sure I understand you...this is a great thing to have along on
a real major self-supported tour, don't you think? Just pump one up
(by pedaling, no less!) and you cross the water just like that.

I was actually thinking one might have to carry around a $3K First
Light 22-lb. folding kayak, but this seems even more ideal!