Old October 29th 06, 09:53 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Morten Reippuert Knudsen

Default Chorus Brake Spring?

andy trifox13atcovaddotnet wrote:
I just mounted a chorus rear brake and it appears to have a weaker spring
than the shimano brakes I am more accustomed to. The brake almost
feels/looks like there is drag in the cable housing, which there isn't. The
brake was purchased used, it appeared clean but I lubed it w/ no
improvement. Is there any adjustment to the pivot points? Is this normal?

The pivot is serviceabel and contains a small ball bearring on chorus
and record brakes. You should be albe to find a diagram on Camagnolos
website.

--
Morten Reippuert Knudsen :-) http://blog.reippuert.dk

Merlin Works CR-3/2.5 & Campagnolo Chorus 2007.