Old June 3rd 05, 04:04 PM
Bob Wheeler

lokey wrote:
I was going north in a bike lane on a multilane city street. I stop at a
light - not a cross-street intersection but a plaza entrance on the west
side and a senior's complex entrance on the right but still controlled by
signal lights.

I am first at the intersection. A public transit mobility bus [not a
standard bus but one for people with mobility handicaps] pulls up beside me.
Then before the light changes the bus starts inching forward anticipating
the light change so that he is blocking the crosswalk and half his length
ahead of me when the light turns and he makes his right turn in front of me.

I'm pondering calling the Transit Service to make a complaint. Not too many
years ago a bus driver was convicted of causing the death of a cyclist.

--
'Nobody here gets out alive' -jim morrison

You should call. Last week, here in Delaware, a cyclist became a
quadriplegic because a car with trailer made a right turn in front of
him. You were stopped, he was not unfortunately.

--
Bob Wheeler --- http://www.bobwheeler.com/
ECHIP, Inc. ---