Old June 3rd 05, 05:41 PM
Fritz M

lokey wrote:

I'm pondering calling the Transit Service to make a complaint. Not too many
years ago a bus driver was convicted of causing the death of a cyclist.

Definitely complain and ask for a response on the actions they will
take to ensure this does not happen again.

In my experience, public agencies are pretty good about responding.
Private companies[1] don't make any response at all. I file police
reports on them now.

RFM
--
[1] Two incidents over the past three years that I've reported on:

* Right-hooked by the speeding driver of a Western Disposal (Boulder,
Colorado) trash truck. I bailed into the ditch to avoid death/maiming.
That one was *close*. My complaint to Western Disposal ended up
(apparently) in a black hole.

* Yellow Freight. I was in straight-through lane waiting for light, to
the left of the stripe seperating my lane from right-turn lane.
Right-turning tractor-trailer comes in behind me, swings wide for the
right turn and instead of waiting for me to get out of the way, the
driver just goes. I'm assertive and hold my place and the tire actually
bumps me before I slide myself into the car next to me. I filed a
police report on that one and I also complained to Yellow. No response
from Yellow, and the police told me that truck was registered in
Illinois and there wasn't much they could do.