Old February 8th 05, 11:48 PM
Alex Rodriguez

Default How much does it realistically cost to ship a bike?

In article . com,
says...

Look at some of these shipping prices for bikes on Ebay... $60, one
seller even has $100 shipping charges.

What gives? Any theories? Is this just "price padding" or is it
something with a legit explanation?

Depends on how efficiently they pack the bike and whether they use a
third party shipper. If they use a place like Mail Boxes Etc, then that
explains the ridiculous charges. If they also use MBE to pack the bike,
expect even higher charges. If the seller packs the bike and knows what
they are doing, then they may be charging for their services as well as
shipping. It's been a while since I shipped a whole bike, but I never
paid more than $30, which included $1500 of insurance, to ship a bike.
Alex