Old November 1st 08, 03:44 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
judith

Default Cycle Infrastructure Design

On Sat, 01 Nov 2008 14:57:35 +0000, "Just zis Guy, you know?"
wrote:

Paul Luton wrote:

At pinch points : "in the absence of a cycle bypass) a minimum gap of 4
metres is recommended unless additional features to significantly reduce
motor vehicle speeds are incorporated"

Pinch points are a work of Stan. A 4m wide pinch point is not a pinch
point at all, but if there is a cycle bypass you are faced with an
unappealing choice of using the main carriageway and suffering
occasional harassment or using the bypass and entering a traffic stream
where drivers are not expecting you and will automatically assume
priority even if they do.

I think the best means to reduce vehicle speeds is to stop isolating
drivers from perceiving the people they place at risk - shared space, in
other words. Strict liability would also be a huge plus.

Guy

Hello Guy - who is this "Stan" - one of your mates in the CTC.

Have you got that letter yet?

What about identifying these people you say I have previously lied
about contacting?

--
I encourage my children to wear helmets. (Guy Chapman)
Some evidence shows that helmeted cyclists are more likely to hit