Old September 27th 17, 03:36 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Frank Krygowski[_4_]

Default Good alternative to Ultima Replenisher electrolyte?

On 9/26/2017 9:14 PM, AMuzi wrote:
On 9/26/2017 7:24 PM, Doug Landau wrote:
On Tuesday, September 26, 2017 at 3:16:06 PM UTC-7, sms wrote:
On 9/26/2017 2:10 PM, Doug Landau wrote:

snip

A banana peel is plant material and will return to being soil soon
enough.

It will not. Nor will orange peels. Don't get caught doing this by a
park ranger or police officer. It's a hefty fine.

Some think they're good for the soil:
http://homeguides.sfgate.com/banana-...den-31257.html

Maybe _your_ soil.
People who manage public lands are more excited about arranging chronic
very large fires and shooting the owls that outbreed their preferred owls:

http://www.npr.org/2014/01/15/262735...pecies-is-shot

That's hardly a unique situation. People who want to preserve bluebird
populations do all they can to eliminate or discourage house sparrows.
The two species are incompatible, and house sparrows are non-natives
introduced through human mistakes.

There are similar examples regarding mollusks, fish, amphibians,
reptiles and mammals, not to mention the plant world. We've screwed
things up fairly thoroughly in many places.

I suppose some would say none of it matters, that we should be happy
with a continent-wide monoculture, but I disagree.

--
- Frank Krygowski