Old April 17th 08, 07:51 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Neal

Default Rolls saddles

wrote in message
On Apr 16, 11:33 pm, Victor Kan wrote:
On Apr 16, 4:44 pm, "

wrote:
Now I'm
stocking up on Rollses, and I suppose I'll add another Ti to the
collection for safe keeping.

Are you stocking up on NOS Rollses when you find them, or buying the
new ones with the pre-cracked (textured?) covers?

I wish I had bought more of the NOS ones when Nashbar closed them out
a few years ago. When they ran out, I bought a couple of Vetta Race
Lites even cheaper from them and they've been pretty good too--about
the same width as the Rolls, less padding, not as flat either along
the length or across the width, but pretty comfy nevertheless.

I can't stand the ugly textured cover on the new ones, so I'm on the
look out for NOS. Plus they came in snazzy colors!

Joseph

Those textured covers smooth out in about 1500 miles. Rolls steel rail
saddles are available from Probikekit.com for only about $30 delivered.
They usually run out of them as soon as they get a shipment in. Best saddle
I have ever used.

Neal