Old July 17th 18, 05:21 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Joy Beeson

Default Making America into Amsterdam

On Mon, 16 Jul 2018 09:08:52 -0700 (PDT), jbeattie
wrote:

That's a road bike with panniers with probably 28mm tires and,
gasp, ordinary rim brakes. It's not going trail riding any time soon.

Depends on who is riding it.

Despite the dismal results of Thursday's MRI, I still think that I
could take my road bike anywhere the young boys can take their
mountain bikes. But I haven't been on the trails much after the local
Powers that Be built a "Greenway" that obliterated most of the trail
that I used to use as a shortcut to Southtown, and I mostly walk.*

So the Heritage Trail is one "bike path" that I do use for
transportation -- but it's *very* telling that an essential feature of
every "bike path" is a parking lot at each end.

Well, the Beyer Farm Trail has three ends and only two parking lots. I
use the Beyer trail whenever I want to add a couple of miles to a trip
downtown.

---------
* I find it amusing that I never have the right of way in the Boys'
Camp. When I'm on the walkway, I'm on my bike, and when I'm on the
bike trails, I'm walking.

--
Joy Beeson
joy beeson at comcast dot net