Old August 31st 18, 08:20 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Emanuel Berg[_2_]

Default Who is a real cyclist ?

sltom992 wrote:

Then don't complain if you need help and
others simply ride by. Four or five bike
riders stopped to help me around the first of
the month when I was stuck but none of them
had a chain breaker with them which would
have allowed me to repair my failure.

I don't know what bicycle culture you have or
what distances thru the wild you cover in your
journeys between outposts of civilization.
Actually, that sounds pretty cool. Seriously,
here there are so many people just commuting
every day to the shop or to work or to do sport
or to visit a friend or to do just about
anything. People don't think of this as cycling
and they don't react if they see someone else
"doing it". Maybe the racer guys do it when
they go between cities, I don't know but it is
possible, of course.

--
underground experts united
http://user.it.uu.se/~embe8573