Old March 18th 18, 11:04 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
John B.[_3_]

Default New bike path

On Sat, 17 Mar 2018 23:11:05 -0400, Frank Krygowski
wrote:

On 3/17/2018 11:06 AM, Joerg wrote:

There will always be areas where it doesn't work...

Well, THERE'S a statement I can agree with! I'd say it applies to
countless areas!

or, like in Milton
Keynes, the design gets largely messed up and then people don't use it.

Very few people claim that Stevenage's and Milton Keynes' designs were
"messed up." They (or at least Stevenage, which I'm more familiar with)
were state of the art, matching or exceeding what was done in the
Netherlands at the time.

The "messed up" part was the automobile facility system. It was too
good. Since motoring was not dissuaded, people chose to drive cars.
It's thoroughly explained he www.roadswerenotbuiltforcars.com/stevenage/

I think that the point is that people are inherently lazy, for want of
a better description.

Think of all the overweight people in the U.S. The National Center for
Health Statistics has it that 70.7% of the U.S. population is either
obese or overweight.

Does anyone walk to work/school? Or anywhere?

Granted that lack of exercise is not the only reason that Usians are
obese, but still....
--
Cheers,

John B.