Old December 15th 04, 02:44 PM
Pat Lamb

psycholist wrote:
As for cats being any sort of divine messenger ... I doubt it. If they are,
I wonder what I should make of it when mine come through the cat door and
drop off a dead rat carcass or a live snake, etc.

(Funny aside. One day one of my cats came blasting through the cat door and
had a pancake in his mouth. Huh? It was fun trying to imagine where he
came up with that.)

I had a springer spaniel who came back over the fence one day with a
half-eaten can of shortening. Turns out the lady a block down would put
the shortening out on her porch to cool after frying dinner (can you
guess I live in the South?). So dumb dog, who only has brains in her
legs, hops the fence, runs down the street, and grabs a snack.

Pat