Old August 18th 03, 06:57 AM
Steve Shapiro

Default Which pedals: nylon or metal?

I don't believe the Wellgo pedals I described are "rubber block
pedals". They have an open cage with teeth just the same as my metal
pedals. Neither pedal has really sharp teeth, like the Odyssey Shark
Bite for example. I do not like clips and straps, I removed them from
my pedals, and don't even do enough long distance cycling to justify
their advantages. Any other advantages (or disadvantages) to using
metal pedals over the nylon Wellgo pedals? Is the difference in weight
not a factor unless you're riding competitively?

(although I had to do it, as my present bike has a coaster brake hub)

-Luigi

Nylon is a good material for pedals. Nylon pedals lack cache, but
otherwise will be fine for casual riding without clips and straps.
When you scratch 'em, it won't show since the color is though and
through. They are more gentle then metal to objects they rub against
like other bikes. And they are cheap enough so that if you change
your mind about attaching your feet to the bike, you won't be out much
money.

Steve Shapiro