Old January 30th 18, 07:53 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
JBeattie

Default bike shedding most boring trend

On Friday, January 26, 2018 at 8:04:55 AM UTC-8, Frank Krygowski wrote:
On 1/26/2018 9:28 AM, Emanuel Berg wrote:

Having everything black, e.g. equipment (very
common for computer stuff for example) is also
detrimental as 1) you get depressed just by
looking at it, and 2) it is (more) difficult to
find the thing you'd like if everything is the
same color.

I'll admit, there's some frustration in having a black suitcase
containing a black toiletry kit, a black camera case, a black case for
an eReader, etc.

But somehow I'm always able to find my bicycles. And the black bike
makes me smile as often as the others.

My red racing bike is super-fast. The black commuter bike not so much, but it does have bright orange lettering that adds a little speed. This color scheme (with different parts): https://4d0850cecf2c5ce919d5-17b283a....jpg?bg=6D6F76

It was a free warranty replacement, so beggars can't be choosers. It's also caked in dirt from the daily rain commute, so the letters are not so garish. It also has white on the back of the seat stays which adds a tiny bit of visibility at night.

-- Jay Beattie.