Old January 20th 06, 12:35 AM posted to rec.bicycles.rides

Default Forest Park Bike Trail

Sorry. This was inadvertently sent to rec.bicycles.rides. I meant to post
it in nyc.bicycles.

"NY Rides" wrote in message
Hmmm. Once again, Mr. KnowzAllTheBikewaysInNewYork looks to the side of a
rarely traveled highway and finds yet ANOTHER new strip of pavement!

Today, while driving on the Jackie Robinson Parkway, I glanced over to the
east bound side and saw what looks like a fairly new bikeway skirting
Forest Park and extending to around Cypress Hills Road. I don't know this
area very well, but have heard that there was some bicycling to be done in
Forest Park. I just didn't know that meant a full-blown bike path.

Anyway, I want to check it out in the spring (or sooner, if this weather
keeps up), so can anybody give me the specs? How do I get to the
beginning of the bikeway? How far does it go? Is the surrounding area
safe for riding? My family came from Ridgewood in the 30s and 40s, but
the neighborhood looks a little rougher these days.

Thanks.