Old October 29th 05, 04:51 PM
Geoff Pearson

Default 40 Years, 40 Miles...

"Mark Hickey" wrote in message
"BH" wrote:

Today is my 40th birthday, so I rode 40 miles. (Actually, 40.7 by my GPS)

I must confess though that it was on a road bike on the pavement. I just
managed to get my self out of shape for mountain biking, and it's a big
struggle to get back there now that I'm an old fart. Next year, I'll do 41
miles on trails at altitude. Maybe I'll skip the altitude part.

Just think of what kind of shape you'll be in when you have to ride
100 miles on your birthday!

And not to worry - I've got almost a decade on you and I'm still able
to make the pedals go around.

Mark "even older fart" Hickey
Habanero Cycles
http://www.habcycles.com
Home of the $795 ti frame

I'm 56 and didn't start riding until I was 50 (well I gave up when I was
14). Age is not relevant.