Old October 16th 18, 12:01 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Joerg[_2_]

Default SIX thousand and FIVE hundred lumens !!!!!!!!!!

On 2018-10-12 08:44, sms wrote:
On 10/12/2018 7:19 AM, Joerg wrote:

snip

I lose respect for people who call me or others liars without any
proof. Therefore, EOD.

LOL, you don't get the irony of a person complaining about someone using
anecdotes as "proof," when that individual's presence on Usenet over the
years has been based on promoting anecdotal evidence and dismissing
scientific, peer-reviewed studies with minor unsubstantiated complaints
about the methodology.

Now, as an elected official, I constantly see this sort of thing from
residents, businesses, and officials, promoting something. Ignore all
the evidence and use anecdotes; when it's pointed out to you that you
are wrong, change the subject.

Some people have poor style but if someone accuses another person of
lying without any proof that is a different story. It's not the first time.

--
Regards, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com/