Old May 20th 08, 05:52 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
A Muzi

Default best ergonomic position when riding hybrid bike on streets

Richard Catrambone wrote:
I'm betting the question I ask below has been addressed before in this
group, but I can't find the answer, so here goes:

Is there an accepted "best" position when riding, specifically when
riding a hybrid/mountain bike on city streets? The reason I ask is that
I feel kind of too hunched over on my bike, plus the base of my palms
gets kind of numb as though I am putting too much weight on my hands
while riding (I wear bike gloves that have decent cushioning). I was
thinking of raising the handlebar stem to make me a bit more upright,
but I thought I would check here for comments before randomly messing
around with the stem height. As an aside, I assume that the more
upright one's torso becomes, the less aerodynamic one is. Correct?

Are blondes 'better' than redheads?

If you're not happy, change it! "Best" is only relevant in terms of
'best for you on this particular ride'.
--
Andrew Muzi
www.yellowjersey.org/