Old November 23rd 20, 06:45 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
JBeattie

Default Not Lance

On Monday, November 23, 2020 at 10:23:11 AM UTC-8, wrote:
On Monday, November 23, 2020 at 9:54:02 AM UTC-8, jbeattie wrote:
On Monday, November 23, 2020 at 9:33:19 AM UTC-8, wrote:
On Monday, November 23, 2020 at 9:15:55 AM UTC-8, wrote:
On Monday, November 23, 2020 at 9:03:59 AM UTC-6, AMuzi wrote:
https://www.bicycleretailer.com/indu...l#.X7vPIk-NWOI

--
Andrew Muzi
www.yellowjersey.org/

Lemond had EXTREME loss of blood which normally requires many months without hard physical activity, careful diet and lots of water. Yet the following year he went from no-competitive in the early Spanish races to winning the Tour de France.

Not unless you have anemia.

About this time synthetic EPO was developed. He could have been administered this. He might not even known that he was being administered this. But since it most assuredly would have been by doctors prescription and for a real physical problem I would not have considered that "doping" any more than using Morphine on a cyclist with a debilitating injury during recovery to be doping either.

So is there a possibility that Lemond used EPO? Yes, but was it doping? No, he would NOT have been using it to get an advantage but to return to normal.

EPO is not indicated for sudden blood loss. A person with a shotgun wound gets O2/blood/plasma/lactated Ring's, etc. and not EPO. LeMond was shot in '87. EPO received FDA approval in the US in 1989. The likelihood that LeMond received EPO for his shotgun wound is exactly zero.

Has one intelligent word come from you in the time since you told us that the Portland anarchist takeover was a "peaceful protest"? The entire purpose of EPO is to accelerate the body's production of red corpuscles. The normal prescription for "sudden blood loss" is transfusion you mindless moron. Since the blood banks were shut down and obviously he had no close relatives with the same blood type willing to transfuse him, EPO would have been THE ONLY alternative.

Each day you are losing more and more of your sanity. Is this because Trump went in there and stopped the rioting? Was that such an affront to your mentality that you are losing it altogether?

I am losing it -- it should have said lactated Ringer's. Otherwise, continue frothing at the mouth and spewing nonsense. In these difficult times, consistency is important.

By the way, I have actually treated shot-gun wounds -- and all sorts of gun shot wounds. Standard ER treatment back in the day was to control bleeding and replace blood volume with blood or blood products or blood substitutes (Ringer's). O2 and off to surgery. Even if LeMond had been in the ER or surgery for two years waiting for FDA approval of EPO, it was not indicated for or approved for acute blood loss in 1989. Whatever the voices in your head may be telling you, they're wrong.

-- Jay Beattie.