Old November 24th 20, 12:10 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Andre Jute[_2_]

Default Not Lance

On Monday, November 23, 2020 at 9:38:15 PM UTC, wrote:
I have never doped and my marathon PR is 3:06. I think possible under perfect conditions and a group not necessarily even drafting I might be able to do a 5 hour century? My guess is that probably many 60 year old cyclists can do that but I just never have yet. My best with no rest and completely solo 5:15 a few years ago.

What dope will get me there?

Deacon Mark

..
I think you have this the wrong way round, Mark. First you train and bring your body AND your skills to perfection, same as the other competitors are doing, THEN you dope for the extra edge. This is why total body blood doping -- the exchange of all the blood in the body for fresh blood -- which allows the body to burn more oxygen for greater output is so effective. But even such an extreme measure will do nothing against professionals for an overweight old guy who, let us say, gave up cycling twenty years ago and anyway wasn't a top class athlete even twenty years before that. All it will do for the latter guy is help him beat fat old guys who had developed similar amateur skills way back in their day.

Sorry to disappoint you.

Andre Jute
Unfortunately the magic bullet is a myth.