Old April 19th 09, 07:06 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
judith smith

Default The BMA Recycle BeHIT Bull****

On Sun, 19 Apr 2009 16:58:48 +0100, "Just zis Guy, you know?"
wrote:

On Sun, 19 Apr 2009 16:07:44 +0100, Marc
wrote:

And again I would like to understand why anyone pays that much
attention to body technicians?
If I want to know how to cycle safely, I consult a cycling coach, not a
cycle mechanic.

This is essentially what they are doing, much to the irritation of the
"cycle safety=helmets" mob.

Guy

Get over it Guy.

The BMA are made up of intelligent highly educated people who are
capable of assessing the relevant evidence, applying common sense, and
concluding that it is more beneficial to wear a helmet than it is not
too.

They encourage the public to wear a helmet.

It is a bit like you looking at all the evidence and then encouraging
your kids to wear a helmet.

It is called being responsible.

It's not anathema to you - is it?

--

"Primary position" the middle of a traffic lane. To take the "primary position" : to ride a bike in the middle of the lane in order to obstruct other road vehicles from overtaking.

A term invented by and used by psycholists and not recognised in the Highway Code.