Old May 4th 09, 12:31 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Simon Mason

Default USA helmet laws.

"Ian Smith" wrote in message
. ..
On Mon, 4 May 2009, Simon Mason wrote:

Interesting story about USA motorcyclists' fight to ride without
helmets which means that in the majority of states, they can ride a
100 mph+ machine with no crash hat. There are a lot of parallels
with UK cyclists, notably:

"You sit at a stoplight, especially in Florida, you're sitting
there in 100 percent humidity, and the sun is beating down on you,
and that heat's coming up off the road, which is like 140, 150
degrees

Global warming has evidently had more impact on Hull than I would
have expected

I've ridden when it was 33 Celsius a few years ago, I wouldn't like to have
had a plastic hat on even that (relatively low) temperature.

--
Simon Mason
http://www.simonmason.karoo.net/