Old May 4th 09, 01:01 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
judith smith

Default USA helmet laws.

On Mon, 04 May 2009 12:07:35 +0100, "Just zis Guy, you know?"
wrote:

On Mon, 4 May 2009 10:11:55 +0100, "Simon Mason"
wrote:

Interesting story about USA motorcyclists' fight to ride without helmets
which means that in the majority of states, they can ride a 100 mph+ machine
with no crash hat.

One of the more amusing cases of fact-blindness, in fact. When a few
states repealed their helmet laws there was a story in Time which
decried the massive increase in motorcyclist fatalities inna
"why-oh-why" stylee. It later emerged that the states with the
increased fatalities were those which had retained the laws, while the
states which had repealed them had actually seen reductions in
fatalities per mile travelled.

Yes of course it did Guy.

Have you a reference - there must be something on-line about it - or
perhaps it's another example of your faulty selective memory?

--

"People tell me I'm unusual" - Guy Chapman