Old September 3rd 11, 09:22 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
CARL FOGEL

Default Wheelbuilding obstruction

On Sep 3, 10:02*am, John Dacey wrote:
On Fri, 2 Sep 2011 00:07:53 -0700 (PDT), Dan O
wrote:

http://i53.tinypic.com/11j4zkl.jpg

Nothing more comfortable to sleep on than a half-inch plank and Park
TS-2.

Where's Carl Fogel when you need him? Then we'd have follow-up photos
of the obstruction being prodded with a stick.

-------------------------------
John Dacey
Business Cycles, Miami, Florida
Our 28th yearhttp://businesscycles.com
-------------------------------

Dear John,

Sparing no expense, Fogel Labs has obtained an $18 helmet camera
to capture images of obstructions too quick or wary to poke with
sticks:

http://tinyurl.com/3lqj7sb

The sub-$20 camera arrived in about ten days.

Some zip ties and holes drilled through a styrofoam hat hold the
camera
mount in place. Since I ride head-down on the drops, the camera is
tipped
back at an angle suitable for anti-aircraft fire. Some plastic wrap
secured by
rubber bands protects the costly lens:

http://i55.tinypic.com/2qmddp5.jpg

I doubt that the weight or wind drag hold me back very much.

To use the camera, you ignore the awful manual, press the power
button
until a little light comes on, press the mode button until the light
begin to blink,
shout "Action!", strap the helmet on, and pedal off.

It records sound, too, and comes with a charger in case you don't want
to tie up
a computer's USB port.

The included 2gb card wasn't quite big enough to capture an hour-long
ride,
so a larger 4gb card was purchased. An $18 16gb card then proved
irresistible,
being the largest that the camera can handle.

***

A typical obstruction, browsing by the side of the road:

http://tinypic.com/r/sw5xcz/7

A flock of scavenging obstructions, frightened by the bicycle going
past on the highway:

http://tinypic.com/r/dgi3hz/7

A pair of frisbee-golf obstructions in a 20 mph zone, one dumber than
a brick:

http://tinypic.com/player.php?v=iegk76&s=7

A mated pair of obstructions, oblivious to traffic and common sense:

http://tinypic.com/r/2rwlwg1/7

Cheers,

Carl Fogel