Old November 2nd 08, 02:42 PM posted to rec.bicycles.rides
sergio

Default France + Switzerland mountain roads questions

On 29 Ott, 05:00, "Mike Jacoubowsky" wrote:

OK, a general question. Presently we're booked in Chambery, but it
really looks like Albertville would be the better place, with direct (by
bike, without car) access to the Annecy and Grand Bournand stages, and
possibly a train ride to St Bourg Maurice ...

One word about it.
I passed through Alberville only once, a long time ago, long before
the Olympics, when I was not aware (or perhaps it wasn't yet a real
road?) of the Cormet de Roselend.
It was early august, the heat was unbarable and the place so dull.
If I recall well the area is a mining district, and that added a lot
to the ugliness of the ride to Bourg Saint Maurice.
Never again!

_For Ken_
You mentioned Gadmen. Would you believe that I stopped right there,
overnight, this past august?

Sergio
éosa