Old September 24th 18, 07:25 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
John B. Slocomb

Default Peugeot PX-10 max cog size?

On Sun, 23 Sep 2018 22:32:21 -0400, Frank Krygowski
wrote:

On 9/23/2018 4:38 PM, Emanuel Berg wrote:
Frank Krygowski wrote:

What I've shown? Like this?
http://analogconsultants.com/ng/bike/estavista3.JPG

What? The photo shows a boulder field maybe
15 feet long. Looks to me like a person could
ride to the left of it with no trouble. Yes,
there are smaller rocks beyond it, but many
times I've ridden stuff like that on a normal
touring bike. On a gravel bike it would
be easy.

? You need a MTB to ride that.

Not according to the Rough Stuff Fellowship.

http://cbklunkers.com/page.cfm?pageid=13666

The first person to ride across the U.S., on a bicycle, was a Brit,
one Thomas Stevens, who ride a "50 inch penny-farthing" built by the
Pope Manufacturing Company of Chicago, from San Francisco to Boston in
1884. No big tires, no 10 speed gears, no beaker of beer, just a pair
of socks, a spare shirt, a raincoat and a pocket revolver.
--
Cheers

John B.