Old March 25th 19, 06:39 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech

Default Damned Central Heating!

On Sunday, March 24, 2019 at 5:04:45 PM UTC-7, John B. Slocomb wrote:
On Sun, 24 Mar 2019 15:43:34 -0700 (PDT), jbeattie

On 2019-03-23 16:20, John B Slocomb wrote:
On Sat, 23 Mar 2019 16:06:42 -0700, Joerg

On 2019-03-23 15:56, John B Slocomb wrote:
On Sat, 23 Mar 2019 09:34:21 -0700, Joerg

On 2019-03-20 11:09, sms wrote:

[...]

There's a big move now to all-electric since the electricity can be
generated without the use of fossil fuels.

Electric? With PG&E as the supplier? I won't touch that with a 10ft pole
for anything where electric power isn't absolutely needed.Yve cooling. No tax
incentives there either because politicians are generally not smart
enough to understand the benefits of that.

You bought a house in a gated community, and you own two cars, and
can't afford electricity?

Please pay closer attention to what was written and, even more so, what
was not written. Premature conclusions are also not wise.

a. We do not live in a gated community. Never did.

Strange that as it has been said more than once that you do live in a
gated community and you have never before refuted it?

I have. You should read more carefully.

b. Our cars are both well over 20 years old and we drive less than
1200mi/year with each of them.

I see, there are no additional costs for using a car if you don't
drive it? Like insurance, etc? Just don't drive them and they are
free?

Insurance is cheap and it is also necessary for cycling, which is
covered with the car insurance. The cost pales in comparison to other items.

c. Of course we can afford electricity. However, it is foolish to use a
resource with sky-high prices when there is another much more economical
resource.

How are prices "sky high", assuming that you pay the same rate as
everyone else? They don't have inflation in California? Their minimum
salary isn't "sky high" compared to other states? After all California
has the highest minimum rate of any state in the union. Why shouldn't
their electricity be high also?

See? That's what I mean with high. We pay the highest in the nation or
close to highest for almost everything while often receiving shoddy
service in return, thanks to politically endorsed union strangleholds.

--
Regards, Joerg

Move. You can take TK with you. Leave California. Get out of that hell-hole golf-course community! Maybe the Villages in Florida.

-- Jay Beattie.

Disregarding Hawaii, California is the 4th most expensive state to
live in, electricity wise, while Arkansas and Louisiana are the
cheapest. Florida ranks about in the middle (26th).

--

Cheers,

John B.

Last month I had a $20 electricity bill and a $265 gas bill. You know - that carbon tax.