Old September 30th 16, 02:57 PM posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Joy Beeson

Default AG: Seasons changing?

On Fri, 30 Sep 2016 13:48:00 +0700, John B.
wrote:

(But I will admit to carrying a rain cape on my Sunday rides - usually
a couple of hours minimum.)

I wonder what became of my rain cape? I last remember seeing it
hanging in the entry hall of our previous house, sticking to the hook
because the waterproofing was rotten.

I wore it only once, for about five seconds. I had it in my pannier,
it started to rain, I stopped and put it on, attempted to look back
before starting off, and took it off again.

My current plan for dealing with rain is "get wet". I'm thinking I
should inspect all my summer jerseys and retrofit them, where
necessary, with pockets that will safely hold my glasses.

I should also put a spectacle-cleaning rag into a snack bag and stash
it in my emergency kit. Last time I got caught in a downpour, the one
in my back pocket got soggy. On the other hand, a plastic bag would
wear into leaks before the next emergency.

My plan for winter rain is "stay home" or if that fails, "call a taxi
before a passer-by calls an ambulance". I do have a windbreaker that
will shed rain if worn over a wool jersey.

And, groan, I'm going to start carrying it everywhere real soon.

--
joy beeson at comcast dot net
http://wlweather.net/PAGEJOY/