Old October 2nd 16, 03:50 AM posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Joy Beeson

Default AG: Gloom, drip, and thunderstorms on me

I spent my writing time finalizing the September Beeson Banner, so
there's no post.

The whole week was rained out, so I don't even have a ride report.

I did walk a little more than a mile on Thursday, and climb a steep
hill. I plan to take pretty much the same walk tomorrow, climb a
flight of stairs, and approximate a few pushups.

I wonder how many people in the world do pushups only when wearing an
ankle-length dress.

In last week's post, I said "buffer" where I should have said "drafts
folder". Half-baked embryonic posts don't buffer anything.

I calculate that if I come back from the dump tour by way of Wooster
and Sprawlmart, it will be twenty-two miles. I plan to do that next
Tuesday. (I dump plastic bags at Owen's, old magazines at the
emergency room, and unwanted whatevers at Goodwill, then have lunch at
Panda Express. This trip I mean to go to The Pillbox before stopping
at the hospital, and price heavy-duty walkers. My light-duty walker
no longer does the job.)

Yay! This year I heard about the fall nature hike *before* it
happened! After reading the press release, I went to Facebook and
"Like"d The Center for Lakes and Streams' "event", in the hope that
the spring hike will show up on my newsfeed. But Facebook's newsfeed
is somewhere between flaky and malevolent, so I'm not counting on it.

The press release said the event will be cancelled in case of
inclement weather, but Weather Underground says that Saturday will be
suitable for taking city folks for a stroll in the woods. Of course,
that is subject to change. Modern forecasting is pretty good on the
sequence of events for the coming week, but often a bit off on the
timing -- and rain is predicted for the previous day.

"Thunderstorms" in the subject line is a gross exaggeration. We've
had some thunder, and we've had some pouring rain, but there hasn't
been enough wind to take a limb off the willow. Did have a breeze
stiff enough to make me refrain from hanging out the rest of the
laundry after I managed to pin a king-size sheet to the line, but no
thunder or rain on that day.

--
Joy Beeson
joy beeson at comcast dot net