Old June 7th 04, 02:55 PM
Peter Clinch

Default First Recumbent Century (long)

Graeme wrote:

I've always found Serious Rain to be good fun. Mind you, a few hours of it
might be a bit much.

Well, quite. And there's rain and there's rain. This wasn't a light
shower with festive rainbows, this was prolonged, cold and driven pretty
nastily by a good supply of wind. The "take off glasses to see where
I'm going" kind :-(
I did have the waterproofs, and was very glad of them too by the time I
got to Stirling.

Does heavy rain affect you more on a 'bent as you're
more "face up" compared to a wedgie?

It'll depend on the exact vehicle. A lowracer with no mudguards would
be no fun at all, pop a Streamer fairing on something like the
Streetmachine and you'd be significantly drier.
I don't find that much difference aside from a tendency for small
puddles to form in creases on the front of my jacket, plus my feet stay
drier.

Pete.
--
Peter Clinch Medical Physics IT Officer
Fax 44 1382 640177 Dundee DD1 9SY Scotland UK