Old October 13th 11, 02:24 AM posted to aus.bicycle
Zebee Johnstone

Default dunlop

In aus.bicycle on Wed, 12 Oct 2011 21:13:43 +1100
TimC wrote:

In related news, apparently it's mostly "mountain bikes" that aren't
properly lit at night:

http://www.bv.com.au/general/bikes-and-riding/91803/

33% of those without lights and 17% of those with lights rode mountain
bikes.

so 67% of those without lights were not riding mountain bikes....

Can't tell a thing without total population really. Not to mention
"what is a mountain bike". Flat bar bike?

(Not that I disagree with the general idea that cheap bikes are ridden
by cheap people.)

Easy way to fix it is require bikes to be sold with lights, I believe
they do that in Germany.

(For more fun, mandate hub dynamos on road bikes.... watch the weight
weenies explode!)

Zebee