Old May 2nd 14, 02:07 PM posted to aus.cars,aus.bicycle
F Murtz[_2_]

Default Bicycle license

Noddy wrote:
On 02/05/14 6:09 PM, F Murtz wrote:

Must be a full moon 2UE has been pushing all afternoon ( and Duncan
grey) for license and fluoro jacket with a number on the back.
They wish to sound a death Knell for cycling.

What rot

The cycle use would drop dramatically,There is not a hope in hades that
I would wear a fluoro jacket with a number, I would just never ride a
bicycle again.

And why is that? Do you like the idea of being able to get away with any
accidental damage you may cause and not be caught?

Same with mandated clothing for my motorcycle I would just have to cease
riding.

Presumably you wear a helmet

On the motor cycle yes, on the bicycle under protest, the times and
places that I ride a bicycle statistically would have a 10 million to
one (deliberately exaggerated)chance of having any bearing on damage to
my head.If I fell off highly unlikely to damage, if a vehicle drove over
my head it would not help.
PS there are statistics on bicycle helmets relation to head trauma
figures and their efficacy.

They have already knobbled cycle use with mandated helmets (which some
think good) but bicycle use dropped when it was introduced, if they
mandate fluoro jackets with numbers on the back only the yuppy lycra
crowd would still cycle.

Time will tell. Still, if every bike riding nutbag gave up in protest I
couldn't be happier