Old December 17th 15, 04:48 AM posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Joy Beeson

Default O/T: knots

On Wed, 16 Dec 2015 13:29:04 -0800 (PST),
wrote:

ha, when was the last time anyone saw a string tied
package sent through post office?

I don't think I've *ever* mailed a string-tied package. Used to see a
lot of ribbon-tied packages at celebrations.

I used to use a surgeon's knot to tie newspapers into bundles for
recycling. (They pick paper up at the house now, and I just throw it
loose into a small bin.)

For small packages, I use rubber bands. We get six a week on our
newspaper, so there's always a band around when I want one.

--
Joy Beeson
joy beeson at comcast dot net