Old November 1st 04, 05:05 PM
Mike Jacoubowsky

I would like to hear opinions of owners (or test riders) of Specialized
Roubaix (Comp or Elite) or Specialized Tarmac (Comp or Pro) road bicycles.
I am looking to buy one of those bikes (2005 model) in a few months time
and also wondering if I should be spending money elsewhere......

Good? Bad? Ugly?
Value for money? Warranty? Reliability? Comfort?

If it's going to be a few months, you'll have some new choices as well- the
Trek "Pilot" series will be out by then. Similar approach in terms of a
higher handlebar position, different approach in terms of how they damp buzz
(Specialized applies stuff to the outside of the tubes to damp road buzz,
while the Trek will have tubes with extra buzz-damping qualities built into
them).

Haven't ridden one yet so can't tell you how it feels. Best "comfort"
performance road bike I've ridden to date is the new Klein Reve. That was a
real eye-opener; perhaps it *is* possible to have a bike that climbs great
and kills the bumps. If only they'd put that technology into a carbon frame,
I think you'd have the ultimate Paris Roubaix bike.

--Mike-- Chain Reaction Bicycles
www.ChainReactionBicycles.com